Sunday, August 24, 2008

Chemo Never Gets Easier

So I did start chemo again on August 11th and you would think after all of the chemo that it might get easier but it doesn't. I have treatment once a week on Monday and then after three in a row I get a week off. I did pretty good with my first round. I felt a little nauseous but never threw up. I was tired that week but took naps when Boston did. Week two didn't go as well. I wasn't even sure they were going to give me chemo because my blood counts were low to begin with. After waiting FOREVER they decided to give me chemo. I ended up sick and throwing up. I was beyond tired and spent Tuesday also at the hospital. I got a shot, received 20 minutes of medication to help my nausia and two units of blood. On Wednesday and Thursday I gave myself shots to boost my white blood cells and had a bad reaction. I have had the shots before but it has been close to four years ago. The shots can cause you to ache but this time I wasn't having bone aches I was having intense sharp pain in my shoulder and neck. It was horrible and even the strongest of pain medications did nothing for me. Thanks to prayers and a preisthood blessing I am doing better now. I have chemo tomorrow and the following week I will have off. I will continue this cycle until we see if it is working or not. Thanks for all of the love and support. I am sorry it took so long to update.

8 comments:

Leisha and Tanner said...

WE LOVE YA!!! Thanks for you great example. You show us all that we do anything we have the desire to do. Keep smilin"

The Oylers said...

I am so sorry that it is so hard on you and your body. I know you can do this though, you are an amazing and strong person. Know that you are in our prayers and thoughts and that we love all of you.

The Smith Family, Just Kiddin' Around said...

I am so sorry you have to go through all of this again. We love you guys a lot and you are in our thoughts and prayers. Your girls looked so cute ready for school. I can't believe how fast these kids of ours grow up. They don't stay little long enough. Love you!! Katie

Stacey said...

Brit I am so sorry you have to go through this again. I would love to help out in any way I can. You will continue to be in our prayers.

Jared and Erin said...

We are praying for you! So glad to hear you positive about it all though. Love you!

Mindy said...

Brit, I put your name in the Vernal temple yesterday (as I have many times before). I just thought I'd let you know that those extra prayers are pulling for you right now! Love you!

Jill said...

Brittney! I'm so slow to realize how many cousins of mine are fellow bloggers! (I'm going to add you to my link list.) I wish for you that chemo did get easier, but I can only imagine that it wouldn't, it sounds like pure torture on your body.

Good to hear your update and that you've been able to do so many fun things this summer. Too bad I'm too late to remind you to see us while you were in Seattle! Looks like you had a pretty great time and saw all the best stuff, even though you were knocking my city! But I'll give you a break about that since you're right about the stinking clouds and I'd feel a lot the same way if I only had one lung. :) Take care!

MTD said...

Hang in there, Britt!

I have some more movies for you to watch. Some of them are as good as the "Suits on the Loose" movie or "Baptists at Our Barbecue" that you liked so much.

Let me know if you want me to bring them over. :)

Matt

Post a Comment