Friday, October 10, 2008

Chemo Update and Some Family Pictures

Britt started her second cycle of chemo on Monday. So far this week hasn't been too bad for her. Today is the first day that she's really felt sick. But she's still eating normal and is able to function throughout the day. Unfortunately 2 days ago Britt tripped over her IV and fell on her right wrist and broke it. This is the wrist that they tried radiation on earlier this year to try and kill the cancer that was growing in that area. She was fitted with a soft cast today but Dr. Scott wasn't in the office and so we are waiting to hear from him on what we will need to do about it. For now though she'll just keep it wrapped and away from Boston. Despite that she really is seeming to respond well to this chemo treatment. We're hoping it will last until she's finished with this round which should be either Wednesday or Thursday.

In anticipation of Britt losing her hair again we decided to get family pictures taken a few weeks ago. A good friend of ours Haley Gibby has taken our family pictures for the last couple of years and always does a really good job. Despite the good photography she does she has a pretty rad singing voice and also has an album out under the name Summer of Space. Check out her music on iTunes or myspace when you get a chance, especially if you like House, Trance, etc. it is definately worth listening to...especially at night.








16 comments:

Mindy said...

Britt, I hope your arm heals quickly and the chemo goes okay. Luckily you look gorgeous with or without hair! I love your family pictures!

Diane said...

I love your family pictures, you all look great!

The Oylers said...

You have such a beautiful family. I hope you keep feeling better. We love all of you.

Lechelle said...

Your pictures look so good. Good to hear the chemo is going ok. I hope your wrist heals fast.

Kristie said...

Wow, what great pictures of your beautiful family! Sorry to hear about the broken wrist, but I'm glad the chemo hasn't been awful so far. I keep you in my prayers, britt. love you

Brandi said...

I also hope your arm heals quickly also! I love the pictures of your family, again you are always so inspiring and I hope to only love and treasure my family as much you do!

Margot said...

Hi! Your family is so beautiful - what wonderful pictures. I too am so sorry to hear about your wrist - but am glad the chemo isn't too horrible. Thinking of you a lot.

pat said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures! I wish my family would have photographed like that! And now it's too late...we are all old. LOL. Anyway, great to hear you're doing well with the chemo and take care of that wrist! Love you!

Jared and Erin said...

Cute pics. Good luck with the chemo. We are praying for you!

Cathy Duffy said...

hi guys! found you on the Lawyer's blog. cute picture of your family!

PB and J said...

Your family pictures look wonderful! Your friend does a great job. I wish we could have seen you guys when you came to California. Steven had mentioned it back in July, but I had forgotten and we didn't know exactly when you were going to be out here. But it sounds like you had a blast at Disneyland. We took our kids to Disneyland for the first time in May. You sure do take lots of fun vacations. I am envious.
Love, Peter, Jessica, Tyler & Ethan

The Gibby's said...

Thanks for the compliments Steven! You have a beautiful family so it's not hard to get great shots. It kills me to hear about Britt's wrist, as if she needs one more thing to worry and suffer over. I am always thinking of you guys and praying for you sweet little family. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

DeVries Family said...

Britt and Steven,
You have a truly BEAUTIFUL family!!!

Rachel said...

Those pictures are beautiful. Loves to your family!

Jill said...

Wow, what gorgeous pics! I love Boston with his baseball glove. That is priceless! We were just trying to do the boys holding hands and walking pic and it didn't work too well.

MarkyD said...

awesome pics. Love you guys, Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment