Friday, June 6, 2008

Doctor Appointment

I went to my surgeon's yesterday in hopes that I would get my chest tubes pulled. He said because of my high fever I had the night before it would be unsafe to pull them until I know if I have some kind an infection or not. I was sent home with the tubes still in me and depressed. The tubes are very uncomfortable and not fun to have to work around. I will see him in a week but I don't think I can count on them being pulled until they actually count to three and yank it out. I am tired from the pain medications and the lack of sleep at night. It is hard to find a comfortable position being propped up with tubes coming out your back and side. At least I am home and even though I have been unpleasant to be around at times my family is still loving and there to help me. Thanks for checking in on me.

7 comments:

Jonathan and Michelle said...

Bummer! I am so sorry that the appt. didn't work out like you were wanting. I hope that this week goes by quickly for you and that it for sure happens next time. We love you, please let me know if I can do anything to help, Alexis would love to play with your kids anytime you need someone to watch them!

Margot said...

Thinking of you & your family a lot. I'm so sorry that the tubes didn't come out - I know you are very uncomfortable, especially having to deal with a high fever on top of it all. I wish there was something I could do. Please do not hesitate to call me if you ever want to talk. Love, Margot

Brandi said...

Hey Brit-
The Jensen's down the street! You know the one that still has the quilt that is not done! UGH! Summer goal to finish that, and now I have even wrote it down and announced to all the readers so It has to get done! Hang in there girl! We love ya so much I will even clean up your little girls throw up for you! Brandi--I am adding you to my blog www.jensenfamily004.blogspot.com

Ashlee said...

We are hoping for next week as well. I hope your sleep get better! Best of luck next week and hope it gets here sooner than later.

The Gibby's said...

You are my hero Britt.

Ralph Larson said...

Hi Brittney and family, just a note from Finland so you know we pray for you and talk of you and love you and are proud of you!!! The Larsons

Mindy said...

Brittney, I can't imagine that you are ever unpleasant to be around! Hang in there... I'm sorry about the tubes.

Post a Comment