Saturday, June 14, 2008

What a Week!!!

After my news last Thursday I was pretty depressed and didn't think things could get much worse. Little did I know what was in store. On Saturday night Harmony started complaining of an earache. She stayed home from church on Sunday with me because she still wasn't feeling good. Half way through church Steven showed up back at home with Brynn in her underwear. I guess Brynn had gotten a flu bug we were unaware of and threw up in primary. (Thanks to those who cleaned her and the vomit up. That's the worst!) She spent the next 24 hours sleeping and throwing up. On Tuesday Harmony was still complaining and Boston was also getting fussy. With help I got them to the doctors to find out that Harmony had a double ear infection and Boston's left ear was infected. I had them check Brynn since we were already there but they said she was fine. Wednesday morning Harmony broke out in hives and ended up back at the doctors. It ends up she was allergic to the antibiotic they had given her. I had them check Brynn's ears again since they were there and this time after removing some wax they saw the fluid and inflammation so she too had an ear infection. Thursday came and Boston was completely lethargic and wouldn't eat, drink, or move. Back to the doctors they went. Since the doctor had seen him the day before playing around when the girls were getting checked she was very worried about him. Boston ended up at the hospital for lab work and of course they missed his vein the first time around. The lab work came back and didn't show anything out of the ordinary besides that he was extremely dehydrated and we either had to get him guzzling some fluids or he would need to be admitted to the hospital for IV's through the night. We luckily were able to get him drinking and he is doing better. As for my Thursday visit I was informed that my tubes would be remaining with me for a few more weeks. The repairs made in me caused a pocket of fluid that needs the tubes for draining. If the tubes are removed too early then the fluid will get infected and I will end up back in the hospital with a lot of complications. After the explanation of the seriousness of prematurely removing my tubes I handled the news better. It still stinks and drives me crazy but if my choices are my house or sick in the hospital. I will take my house with the tubes and make the most of it. Well, I can only hope for health in our house this coming week. Thanks for the love care and concern.

2 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Holy Cow! When it rains it pours! I think it would make more sense for the doctors to come to your house! Hang in there, Super Woman! You're in our prayers.

Stacey said...

I am sorry to hear all this. If I can do anything to help you guys out, just let me know. You are in our prayers.

Post a Comment