Monday, June 23, 2008

Tube Free!

I had an appointment with my surgeon today. He had told me over a week ago that today he might cut my chest tubes down, so that I wasn't hooked up to suction anymore. Then over the following few weeks he would slowly pull them out little by little. SO I was shocked today when he said that my x-ray looked good and he was considering pulling my tubes completely out. I told him not to get my hopes up. After thinking it over for a few minutes he decided he would pull them. It was a weird feeling when they were coming out and it feels great now that they are gone. I am SO happy to not have tubes hanging out of me hooked to drainage and suction. Thanks for all the prayers. This was definitely more than an answer to my prayers today. I still have some recovering to do but I am almost done with post surgery. Tomorrow will be six weeks since surgery so technically I can lift again as long as it doesn't hurt. I don't plan on lifting Boston much but it is nice to know I can if I need to. Things are looking up a little and it is nice.

8 comments:

Jonathan and Michelle said...

I am so happy for you, what a great surprise! It was so great to see you this weekend, your kids are adorable!

Stacey said...

I am so happy for you and I am glad things are getting better. We will keep praying for a full recovery!!!

Stacy said...

Yay! I am so glad. So I don't know if you are coming when we get together next week but if you can't make it I would still really like to come and see you even if just for a few minutes. You are so amazing and so tough, I admire you so much!
I love you.

The Oylers said...

hey that comment above was me Hannah I don't know why it put my sis in laws so just ignore that

Margot said...

That is great news - hooray for being tube free. Enjoy the freedom of not being hooked up!!!

Jared and Erin said...

Brittney! I can't believe how random it was that I found your blog page. It's so good to hear how you're doing and that things are looking up. I hope everything continues that way. We are going to be in town for the next 2 weeks. If you have some time, I'd love to stop by. Talk to you later.

Mindy said...

I'm so glad you got the tubes out! I wish I could be seeing you today with the rest of the "Smith girls", but it didn't work out. By the way, Hannah writing under her sister in law's name really threw me for a loop... I was like, HEY! How does Jake's sister know Brittney? ;)

Bobbie said...

That is AWESOME!!! I hope you keep feeling better. Our prayers are with you are your cute family.

Post a Comment