Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Love To See the Temple....

So I've mentioned previously that since Britt passed away the kids and I go walk the Temple grounds each Sunday. Typically we go to the Mt. Timpanogos Temple since that's where Britt and I were married and the kids absolutely love it there. I usually like to take my time walking around the Temple just to enjoy it for as long as I can, but lately the kids seem to think it's a race to see how quickly we can get around it and back to the car. It's incredible that the kids find something new about the Temple architecture to be amazed about each week we go. Boston LOVES Angel Moroni at the top of the Temple and the girls love the colors in the window glass and the fact that the windows look like they have holes in them. But every week we are there they seem to find something new to be fascinated with. This week it was the fact that one of the benches around the back side (East side) of the Temple was made lower for 'little' people like them so now their feet could touch the ground when they sit there. We took a few pictures of our visit today. As always the kids and I love the feeling of being there at the Temple. We definately feel closer to Britt when we are.




4 comments:

Amy said...

Darling pics Steven, and what a great idea. I love that the kids love it too, and how cool for them to see the different things that they do. I am so glad you guys feel closer to Britt when you are there. Thinking of you and hugs!!

The Oylers said...

Cute. Everyone looks like they have a good time. I am sure Britt is around you all. I think that is such a neat thing to do with your children.

Renee said...

I hope you keep blogging because I love keeping up with your family. I grew up with Brittney and know that she is smiling down as she sees you with those kids! What great pictures of the kids infront of the temple. Our kids love to do the same thing on Sunday's...maybe we will run into you sometime! :)

PB and J said...

That is such a wonderful idea of taking your kids to the temple each Sunday. We send you our love.

Post a Comment