Saturday, May 3, 2008

Cancer Sucks!!!


Well, Hayleys surgery went well but it was for sure cancer. Thyroid cancer is very curable and do able but it is crazy that my little sister would get cancer also. I asked my oncologist if this meant that my other siblings should be worried now and he said no. These cancers have no relation to each other. He said it is as if we walked outside on a sunny day and got struck by lightning. That is how crazy it is. I am still bugged that two more spots of cancer have shown up again in my left lung. It seems weird that I would have three lung surgeries in about a years time. My surgery is scheduled for May 13th and so I am trying to get everything situated with the kids right now. I am also trying to enjoy everyday life before I am stuck at the hospital. My surgeon said I will be in the hospital for at least two weeks. A hospital can get pretty boring after a couple of days. I told Hayley I would switch her places when she was complaining about having to spend two nights but she quickly declined. Lets just pray I can kick it hard enough this time that it won't show its face again.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Love you both and I know you both are strong girls and and kick anything in the but especially cancer. Prayin' for you every day.

Kat said...

Love the background! Nice work! Let me know What we can do to help you guys and when you need us while your in the hospital. We will do anything and all we can do to help. Your definitely a fighter Britt! We love you and pray for you nightly.

Post a Comment