Sunday, May 11, 2008

Race For A Cure

The past three years we have looked forward to doing the "Race for a Cure". It is an awesome experience to be surrounded by so many people fighting for one cause. It is something that helps give me strength as I look around and see others who have been there and done that. The first year we were excited to do the race as my one year mark from having finished chemo and celebrating one year cancer free. Last year I was pushed in a wheelchair since I had just been released from the hospital from my lung surgery. This year I am two days away from entering the hospital to have the same surgery done again. I also had Hayley there by my side but this year fighting her own battle as she walked it only a week after her own thyroid surgery to remove cancer. I hope this remains a tradition for my family that every year we get together in hopes that one day a cure will be found. I know that the race is technically for breast cancer but I figure if they find a cure for breast cancer they will find a cure for all cancers. I am also glad that Deb and Emily were able to be there again as Deb and I have continued to battle our sarcomas. Next year we will both be healthy and cancer free. We will always be "sarcoma sisters" but we can do that without it being active. I will be at many races for years and years to come. Thanks family for all of your continued support as we battle this cancer. One more surgery and I think we can kick this in the butt!!! I will never give up in my battle! I will never let the cancer win!

4 comments:

Deb said...

Hooray for the Sarcoma Club! Britt, you are an inspiration and I am so lucky to know you. Your family is incredible too, and I am grateful to you all for letting me be part of the ride. Here's to many more years of Race for the Cure!

Mindy said...

Britt, sending love your way. We're praying for you. love, Mindy

Holly said...

Britt we love you! You are soo strong and such a great example to us all. You are in our prayers and if you or any of your family needs anything let us know.

Katie said...

We are praying for you Brittney! Your strength inspires us all!

Post a Comment