Thursday, May 29, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I am finally home after about 18 days in the hospital. Since we moved in right before my surgery I actually spent more time in the hospital then I had in my new home. I am happy to finally be sitting in my new beautiful home. I still have an air leak in my lung but my surgeon knew I had hit my limit and that I needed to be home with my family instead of waiting for their daily visits. I still have my chest tubes in me draining my lung. I have to keep these tubes in me for at least another week. If I go out anywhere I also have to bring along the tubes hanging out of me and the box they are connected to. Luckily I have no where to go besides Harmony and Brynn's dance recital on Saturday. I am in some pain since I have two, foot long tubes crammed in me and hanging out my side. I am also pretty tired since I have spent the past couple of weeks mostly in bed. I am ready to regain some strength and get feeling better. Thanks for all of your support!

9 comments:

Strong Family said...

I'm so happy you're able to be home with your family and not have to be in the hospital bed anymore!

Margot said...

Hooray ... You're home - that's great news! Enjoy the recital and your new house while you regain your strength.

Jonathan and Michelle said...

I am so happy to hear that you are home, nothing beats your own bed! Please let me know if I can be of any help at all!

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

We are so happy to hear that you are home. We hope for a speedy recovery. Enjoy trying to get back to normal (whatever that means anymore)!

Naomi Buck said...

We are so glad that you are home. You guys are always in our prayers! Have fun at the recital... we love you guys!

The Gibby's said...

Britt, I am so glad your home! So where is this new home of yours? We are praying for you. You are my hero.

Bobbie said...

Kat has told me about your new house. I would love to see some pictures of it!

Stacey said...

I am glad you are home. If we can help with anything let us know.

Mindy said...

How nice to be in your own new home! I hope you get your strength back soon. You're amazing!

Post a Comment