Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Latest Hospital Update

Well, I am still just hanging out at the hospital. I realized that in my previous update I forgot to mention that they took my whole lower left lobe. I now have a total of one lung left. Dr Collins (my surgeon) just left and said that they still want to keep an eye on me. My drainage is doing better but I still have an air leak in my left side. I wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon so I am not surprised. I am starting to feel better and my pain is doing well. I have felt great walking I haven't really noticed a difference in my lung capacity yet. I hope that I won't notice much of a difference in my daily actvities when I make it home. We are still waiting on all of the options they are researching. As for now my priority is recovering from surgery and it sounds like I am headed in the right direction. I am just resting and getting better. Thanks for all of the support.

14 comments:

Stacey said...

Stay strong.
We are praying for you.

Margot said...

Your strength is amazing - thank you for your update... wish I was closer.

DeVries Family said...

Wish I could do something for you...we'll keep praying too! Your family is incredible!

Mindy said...

You'll be fine with one lung... you have twice as much heart! :) We're praying for you.

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Thanks so much for the updates. You are so strong. You are in our prayers. I would love to get your home address if you wouldn't mind.

The Phifers said...

You guys are so awesome. Thank you so much for your support for us. You will never know how much we appreciate it. We really want to have you all over for a BBQ when you are up to it. You are always in our prayers.

The Smith Family, Just Kiddin' Around said...

We love you and are praying for you. Hope you continue feeling better. Love Jeremy and Katie

Strong Family said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers Brittney. Thanks for your updates.

Sandra

The Oylers said...

Britt and Fam. We love you all so much and want you to know you are in our prayers. I was so excited to see you had a blog, its such a fun way to stay connected since we don't get to see eachother nearly often enough. Your kids are getting so big, and are so darn cute. We love you very much. Take care.

SuzyO said...

Hang in there. You are amazing.

Leisha and Tanner said...

Hey Cousin BRITT and Fam,
Miss you, I wish we saw each other more...there are two saying that help me out....KEEP ON KEEPIN' ON and KEEP SMILIN'---do those! WE LOVE YOU!!!

Katie said...

Thinking of you and praying for you everyday! You are amazing!

Jonathan and Michelle said...

I found your blog through Kaleb's, it's your cousin Michelle. You have been in our thoughts & prayers and we sure love you guys!

Ashlee said...

Brittney, this is Ashlee. Tommy Macdonald's wife. Saw your link on Kat's blog, just wanted to drop a line and tell you how much we think of you and pray for you daily. Hang in there! Much love!

Post a Comment